TENURED DOE TEACHERS MUST LOGIN TO MYHTSB TO REQUEST LICENSE FEE PAYMENT
THE DOE PAYMENT OPTION BECAME AVAILABLE ON MAY 1, 2014
Appendix XVI, Memorandum of Understanding between the State of Hawaii Board of Education and the Hawaii State Teachers Association, provides for annual payment of the license renewal fee for all tenured teachers, provided the teacher received a “satisfactory”, “effective” or “highly effective” rating in the preceding year of renewal.
Click this link for DOE Payment of Annual License Fee Video Tutorial
Click this link for DOE Payment of Online Renewal License Fee Video Tutorial
Your license fee will be paid by the DOE as long you meet the following requirements and follow the procedure outlined below:
- You are a tenured DOE Bargaining Unit 05 employee. Charter School teachers do not qualify.
- Your license expires or you owe an annual license fee payment on or after June 30, 2014.
- You had an effective or better rating on your last EES.
- You hold an active HTSB Standard or Advanced license in good standing, meaning that all license fees you owe up to June 30, 2014 have been paid.
- Licensees meeting the requirements above must take the following action to have the license payment from the DOE applied to their MyHTSB account. If you have not linked to your online licensing account, please follow the instructions published in the FAQs on the HTSB website, http://www.htsb.org/help-center/faqs/.
- If your license expired on or after June 30, 2014, you must submit an online license renewal application by logging into your MyHTSB account within the six months prior to your license expiration date. During the online application process, you should select “DOE Payment Assistance”* when prompted for method of payment.
- If you have an annual license fee payment due on or after June 30, 2014, you must login to your MyHTSB account prior to the fee due date, go to the Payment Tab, and select “DOE Payment Assistance”* when asked for method of payment.
- For the time period between June 30, 2014 and June 29, 2015 the HTSB will pay the administrative fee charged by the online licensing system vendor for you and you will not have any out of pocket expenses for your license fee if you follow the procedure outlined above.
If your license expires or you have an annual fee payment due prior to June 30, 2014, or you do not otherwise meet the qualifications, you are responsible for paying your own license fee. Please note if you do not renew your license or make payment in a timely manner prior to the due date, you will be assessed a $25 late fee according to Hawaii Administrative Rules and you must pay the online system administrative fee as provided in HTSB policy NBI 13-27. In addition, your license status will lapse per Hawaii Revised Statute §302A-805, affecting your eligibility to teach at a public school.
Refunds for license fees you paid previously are neither refundable by HTSB nor reimbursable by the DOE. Charter School teachers are not affected by this MOU. Questions should be addressed to HTSB by sending a message from your MyHTSB account “Contact HTSB” tab.