IF YOU ARE A HAWAII DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION BARGAINING UNIT 05 MEMBER, PLEASE GO TO HTSB.ORG (CLICK HERE) AND READ INFORMATION ABOUT THE DOE LICENSE FEE PAYMENT BEFORE TAKING ANY ACTION.
DOE Payment of Annual License Fee Video Tutorial
DOE Payment of Online Renewal License Fee Video Tutorial
License Renewal Instructions for Hawaii DOE employees:
- Login to your account.
- If you received a satisfactory EES, complete your license renewal application by pressing the orange “renew” button located in your payment information tab. Check off that you have forms RA5010 and RA4010. You do not need to download, complete, or submit the forms.
License Renewal Instructions for Non Hawaii DOE employees:
- Login to your account.
- Complete and keep the following two forms before submitting your renewal application. Do not submit these unless you are audited. These forms may be downloaded by going to the Forms page and clicking on License Renewal at the bottom of the column.
- HTSB Form RA 5010 (Verification of Satisfying Hawaii Teacher Performance Standards Documentation): Download and complete this form and keep it in your personal files or upload it into your HTSB account page in the event you are audited. This document can be uploaded into your HTSB account page by logging into your account, clicking the “Attachments” tab, and then uploading your PDF document. Hawaii Department of Education teachers may use the most recent teacher evaluation and professional development plan from the licensee’s employer to verify that they meet all ten Teacher Performance Standards.
- Teachers should use 5010 for Teachers
- School librarians should use 5010 for Librarians
- School counselors should use 5010 for Counselors
- HTSB Form RA 4010 (Verification of Experience for Renewal): Download and complete this form, have it signed by your supervisor, and keep in your personal files or upload it into your HTSB account page in the event you are audited. This document can be uploaded into your HTSB account page by logging into your account, clicking the “Attachments” tab, and then uploading your PDF document.
3. Complete your license renewal application.
License Renewal Audit
Teachers are eligible for an audit up to two years from the date they actually renew. For example, if a teacher renewed their license on July 1, 2013, they are eligible for an audit through June 30, 2015.
If you are a DOE employee and are selected for an audit, the DOE will verify that you had a satisfactory EES at the time of renewal.
If you are not a DOE employee and are selected for an audit, you will need to submit for RA4010 and all documentation to cover form RA5010.
To keep your license current, you must pay your license fee. You may select annual payment and pay your license fee online by credit card or eCheck. Or, if you qualify for the DOE payment assistance, select DOE payment assistance. There is no charge for using the online payment system.
When you log in to your MyHTSB account, the system will indicate the “balance due” on your current license. If your current license has a balance due, that amount must be paid before the system will allow you to renew your license. After you pay the balance due, a button will appear that allows you to renew your license. You will not see the balance due until you begin your payment plan. Your license may show current dates even though you have not kept your license fee current. You may renew your license up to six months prior to your expiration date.
HTSB staff are not authorized to accept cash,or credit cards through the mail or on the telephone for payment of license fees.
Fees for licenses and permits are non-refundable.